Say Hello to Career Certainty:
You do not have to feel uncertain about your future. Of course no one can predict the future, but you can take control of where your professional career is going. The Executive Apprentice Program from the Center for Career & Professional Development is the way to take control and learn all the skills you need to transfer your knowledge to a career.
The Executive Apprentice Program is a 9 month long career and professionalism bootcamp for up to 20 students, designed specifically to put you in control of your life after college. A select group of students will be exposed to campus, community and industry leaders while being mentored by our career coaches. Students will engage in career and professionalism workshops, fireside chats with employers, employer led discussions and information sessions, and practice interviews and etiquette situations. To put it simply, participants will practice professionalism until it is second nature.
This program is designed to transform any student, who is interested, into the professional they want to be. With that said, it is a 9 month commitment. Only those motivated to succeed will do well in this program and are encouraged to apply. All you have to bring to the table is motivation and a hard work ethic . We can guide you through the rest.
There is only one goal in mind, a career portfolio worthy of a job offer or an acceptance letter to graduate school, and we are leveraging all our resources to help students meet their goals.
What is included?
Here is a sampling of what each Executive Apprentice receives:
- Mentoring from our professional career coaches
- Participant only exposure to employers during information sessions and fireside chats
- Opportunity to network with the elite key players on campus and in the community
- First access to our employers at our career fairs and employer events
- Career Portfolio preparation, including Executive Apprentice identity business cards and padfolio
- Job Shadowing Experiences
- Professional Photos
- Program Polo
"Without Career Services, I would not be where I am today. WKU gave me insight to life after college, but the Career Services staff prepared me to handle that life. I was able to practice what I learned in class for my Graphic Design degree during my employment by Career Services... With the help of all the CSC staff, I built a stunning resume, wrote inspired entrance essays, and prepared for all types of interviews that led to my current position. I was accepted to some top communications graduate schools in the country and received a Presidential scholarship that covered over half of my tuition to Emerson college in Boston, MA. In addition to my attendance to Emerson, I also found a full time job as the Graphic Designer and Web Developer for Armstrong Advisory Group, a family run financial advising firm. The staff at CSC helped me prepare my graphic design resume as well as encouraged my success in both a phone and personal interview that led to my job in less than 3 months after graduation. Thank you Career Services for all of your support and inspiration!"
--Hanna Demirjian, former CSC intern
- Must have earned 90+ credit hours by Aug 23, 2013
- Be eligible to graduate in May 2014
- Good academic standing
- Highly motivated to suceed
How it Works:
- Apply using this link or by clicking apply now in the left navigation menu.
- Submit your application on or before Thursday, September 12th.
- Decisions will be made on Tuesday, September 17th.