- TopJobs: WKU's Recruitment Tool
- MyPlan.com: Career Assessment Tests
- What can I do with my major
- National and State Career Information
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Salary Calculator
What can Career Coaches do for me?
It's important to meet and talk with a career coach early on in your collegiate experience. By doing so, you build a great relationship with a professional who can assist you with your professional journey.
Career Coaches assist in a multitude of areas including:
- Information on job/career fairs
- graduate school information, resume review
- Practice interviews
- General career and major help
- Tips to be successful.
If you are a WKU Alumnus, the career coaches can help you examine your career path and aid in the search for employers who could use your skill set.
How can I utilize these services?
You can utilize our walk-in service at the Center for Career and Professional Development (DSU 2001) during any of our office hours and see our on-duty career coach without an appointment.
If you would like to speak to a career coach that is more specialized in your field, you can do so by calling our office at 270.745.3095.
Those who wish to reach out to a staff member in writing can send a note to CareerHelp@wku.edu or complete the shortRequest for Services form.
- For alumni or off-campus students who cannot come to the office, career coaching sessions can be conducted:
- Over the phone
- Via email
- Through Skype or FaceTime.
How much does it cost?
All of our services are FREE for WKU students and Alumni. Our services are very beneficial at no cost.
What to expect:
Our goal is to help address your career concerns in a way that is most convenient for you.
- When meeting with a career coach you can expect to engage in a confidential, friendly and motivating personal exchange that will aid in creating beneficial goals specifically for your professional growth.
- Walk-in appointments last no more than 10 minutes, while scheduled appointments can range from 10 minutes to an hour.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,