Gordon Ford College of Business
Office of Undergraduate Student Services
Course Transfer Policy for Undergraduate Students
In order to help transfer students matriculate towards the Bachelor of Science in one of the programs in the Gordon Ford College of Business with the highest academic standards, the following guidelines should be used when evaluating credit for courses taken at another institution.
- Courses taken at an AACSB International accredited business school will be accepted for credit in the Gordon Ford College. Department chairs will determine appropriate course equivalencies for their respective classes.
- Department chairs will determine whether there are respective equivalencies (including
level and content) for courses taken at a non-AACSB school provided it is at least
accredited by a regional accrediting agency endorsed by the U. S. Department of Education.
- Middle States Association
- New England Association
- North Central Association
- Northwest Association
- Southern Association
- Western Association
- It should be recognized that course catalog descriptions are often not sufficient to allow a department chair to make an accurate assessment of course equivalency. They retain the right to request additional supporting information regarding a course. This information may include, but is not limited to: course syllabi, text books used, instructor credentials, and other related pedagogies. It will be the burden of the student requesting the transfer credit to provide the necessary supporting information.
- Courses not approved as equivalent to GFCB business credits may still fulfill credits towards other University programs.
- Department chairs may recommended credit as an exception for a specific student only or may recommend general acceptance of the credit from a given accredited institution.
- Courses taken at an international institution will be evaluated on a case by case basis. International students should be prepared to provide additional information and documentation regarding their course requests (see # 3 above).
- It is recommended that courses previously designated as equivalent from any given institution should be re-evaluated every 5-7 years.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,