Download the Strategic Plan (.PDF) for a fully formatted and printable version of this document.
We, the students, faculty, and staff of the Gordon Ford College of Business, value:
- the significance of relevant higher education and lifelong learning to the effective functioning of a modern global society;
- the necessity of revising educational experiences, methods, technologies, and delivery systems to meet the changing needs of students, business organizations, and society in general;
- the importance of fairness, honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical behavior in our actions, relationships, and in the performance of business activity;
- a respect and appreciation for diversity in our classrooms, workplace, associations, and relationships;
- the importance of continuous planning, assessment, and improvement to maintain currency, relevancy, and increasing levels of quality in our educational and operational processes.
The Gordon Ford College of Business will be recognized as a leading public undergraduate and master level business education institution. This recognition will result from the delivery of high quality, innovative and applied business programs, the existence of select centers of excellence, and the implementation of significant value-added initiatives that differentiate the College from other institutions.
The Mission of the Gordon Ford College of Business is to be a leader in providing high quality, applied undergraduate business education and select graduate programs that meet the needs of the business community.
Our strategic intent is to make the Gordon Ford College of Business the school of choice for highly capable and motivated students from the Commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond. We also intend to make the Gordon Ford College the workplace of choice for faculty and staff.
- Recruit and retain well-prepared students and highly-qualified faculty and staff.
- Offer high-quality applied business programs that prepare students for lifelong learning and success in a diverse global workplace.
- Build a recognized culture of professionalism among students, faculty, and staff.
- Develop, broaden, and strengthen significant relationships with all internal and external stakeholders with a focus on alumni, business, and governmental organizations.
Strategic Planning Council
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,