The purpose of the Gordon Ford College Graduate Committee (GFGC) is to provide support and guidance in the initiation or revision of graduate programs offered within the College, to review issues relating to graduate curriculum and programs, to oversee and report on issues related to graduate assurance of learning, and to advise the Dean of the College on matters concerning graduate programs as appropriate.
The membership of the GFGC shall consist of:
- One representative from each academic department who will have full voting status.
- Each member will serve a 2 year term, renewable for one additional 2 year.
- The director of each graduate degree program will serve on the committee in an ex officio role.
- A representative from Graduate Studies may participate in an ex officio role.
- A representative of the Office of the GFCB Dean will serve as Chair as an ex officio member.
- Chair Bob Hatfield, Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Research - ex officio
- Harold Little – Accounting
- Sean Marston- Computer Information Systems
- Alex Lebedinsky - Economics
- Indu Chhachhi - Finance
- Paula Potter- Management
- Patricia Todd - Marketing
- April Schleig, ex officio
- Brian Goff, ex officio
- Sheri Henson, ex officio
- Ray Blankenship – Assurance of Learning - ex officio
The GFGC may create bylaws and other ground rules as it sees a need in fulfilling the mission. However, certain functions will be expected, including:
- The GFGC Chair will forward course and program proposals once passed to the WKU Graduate Council and notify the proposal contact person that this has been done.
- Minutes will be kept to document the actions of the GFGC. GFGC members, department chairs, and the Dean will receive a copy of the minutes. Copies will also be posted on the GFCB web site.
- The GFGC Chair is responsible for scheduling meetings as needed and alerting members of upcoming meeting dates and deadlines to support implementation of new courses and programs.