Dr. Dan Myers (Chair)
Dr. Rick Shannon
Dr. Dawn Bolton
Dr. Ling Lo
Dr. Harold T. Lttle, Jr.
Dr. Afzal Rahim
Gordon Ford College of Business Diversity Plan
Aware of the needs of our students to function in an increasingly diverse society, both within the United States and throughout the world, the Gordon Ford College of Business is committed to promoting diversity within the college. This includes
- increasing the number of students, faculty, and staff from underrepresented groups
- for students
- by participating in minority recruitment events sponsored by WKU
- by participating in general WKU recruiting events from which WKU receives substantial interest by minorities
- for faculty and staff
- by working with Academic Affairs to utilize the university's resources to access the limited number of minority candidates in the business disciplines and provide appropriate financial compensation for recruitment purposes
- by subscribing to The PhD Project to have even greater access to minority candidates
- by increasing the number of minorities on the college's Business Executive Advisory Council.
- promoting the interactions between students, faculty, and staff representing diverse
- by creating a multicultural student organization to engage our minority students in the activities of our college
- by promoting and Study Abroad and Exchange programs so that our students become more accustomed to peoples of different ethnic backgrounds and race.
- providing opportunity for our constituents to learn about diverse cultures and populations
- through lectures, incorporation of diversity into the curriculum, and providing opportunities for students to experience diverse cultures first-hand.
- for students
Our plans draws in part upon the diversity plan and diversity goals of WKU, presented in here.
WKU DIVERSITY STATEMENT
The mission of Western Kentucky University is to prepare students to be productive,
engaged, socially responsible citizens and leaders of a global society. The success
of these future leaders is enhanced through the encouragement and support of faculty,
staff, and community, as well as a willingness to embrace the multiple dimensions
of diversity. The encompassing dimensions of diversity involve an appreciation of
the differences and unique contributions represented by individual identity, opinion,
and culture. Differences may be represented through areas such as race, gender, ethnicity,
language, religion, sexual orientation, geographic location, abilities or disabilities,
and socioeconomic status.
As a leading American university with international reach, Western Kentucky University insists on a welcoming environment in which it is committed to promoting acceptance, providing support, and encouraging diversity. Embracing diversity is an essential component to maintaining the University's efforts toward connecting faculty, staff, and student populations in striving for a high standard of excellence and success. The University is committed to recognizing and supporting meritorious talent and achievement by supporting diversity and equal opportunity in its educational and community/global service obligations. The University's dedication and persistence in its efforts to promote and strengthen its diversity initiatives serves as an institutional priority in which valuable contributions towards recruitment, retention and advancement of students, faculty, and staff may be realized.
WKU Diversity Goals
Goal 1: Prepare WKU students to be productive, engaged, socially responsible citizens and leaders of a global society.
Goal 2: Support WKU faculty, staff, and community to embrace the multiple dimensions of diversity.
Goal 3: Achieve diversity among our student population.
Goal 4: Achieve diversity among our faculty, administration, and staff populations.
Goal 5: Foster a welcoming environment which is committed to promoting acceptance, providing support, and encouraging diversity.
Goal 6: Recognize and support meritorious talent and achievement by supporting diversity and equal opportunity in our educational and community/global service obligations.
Goal 7: Promote and strengthen diversity initiatives in which valuable contributions towards recruitment, retention and advancement of faculty and staff may be realized.
Goal 8: Promote and strengthen diversity initiatives towards the retention and success of WKU's diverse student population
Goal 9: WKU will assess progress and realign programs to achieve the institution's diversity goals and objectives.