For admission to the MS program in Biology you have to be admitted through the Graduate School application online process: http://www.wku.edu/graduate/.
Applicants for a master’s degree program must:
A. Submit the completed application, along with the current non-refundable application fee by the admission deadline;
B. Provide an official transcript to document receipt of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Applicants from non-accredited institutions see Applicants from Non-Regionally Accredited Institutions);
C. Have adequate preparation in the field of specialization;
D. If they hold teacher certification or have a statement of eligibility for certification, submit a copy of the current teaching certificate or statement of eligibility; and
E. Document qualifying standardized test scores and/or undergraduate GPAs as required in the programs to which they are applying.
In addition to the general admission requirements, the Department of Biology requires:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0 (4.0 scale).
- GRE general score (quantitative + verbal) ≥300 if taken on or after August 1, 2011 or ≥1050 if taken prior to August 1, 2011, and analytical writing score of ≥3.5. If the GRE has not been taken previously, exam scores from the MCAT (≥24) or DAT (≥16) may be substituted.
- A biology graduate faculty member must be willing to serve as advisor before a student is admitted to the program.Three letters of reference are required for admission.
- As part of the graduate application, prospective students must include a statement of purpose, in which the applicant must specify the program to which they are applying, indicate their academic and career interests, and summarize relevant experiences.
- Exceptions to possessing a Biology degree may be made for students with undergraduate degrees in biology-related areas.
For further questions regarding:
- Biology graduate program, please contact Dr. Keith Philips, Biology Graduate Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or 270-745-3419.
- Biology on-line thesis graduate program, please contact Dr. Michael Collyer, On-line Non-Thesis Graduate Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-745-8765.
- Biology MAE program, please contact Dr. Cheryl Davis at email@example.com or 270-745-6524.
- Peace Corps Master's International Program, please contact Dr. Lawrence Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-745-7029.