Any WKU student that does not qualify for a retention program may choose to voluntarily participate to receive additional academic support. These students must adhere to the same requirements as other retention program students. Generally, students opt-in to BEP voluntarily to increase their GPA’s to qualify for scholarships, fraternities, sororities, departmental program requirements, etc. Other reasons to voluntarily participate include: developing positive study habits, improving time management skills, and increasing overall academic performance.
Students agree to:
- attend monthly intrusive advising appointments to discuss academic progress, academic issues, class attendance, grades, etc.
- complete 6 monitored study hall hours weekly in one of the approved TLC locations.
- seek free tutoring at The Learning Center if needed.
- attend two Academic Advantage Series: Workshops for Success within the academic semester.
- attend the Majors and Minors Fair on Wednesday, September, 18 2013.
- compose a reflection paper detailing the overall BEP experience. This paper is due at the end of the semester before finals week.
- allow parents/guardians to inquire about their academic progress, grades, attendance, etc.