Undergraduate Retention is a retention initiative for students who have had two consecutive semesters with a GPA below 2.0. These students have been academically dismissed from WKU, appealed the dismissal, and granted one last semester to show academic progress. To be eligible for continued enrollment, these students must achieve a 2.0 GPA during the semester for which the student was allowed to return.
Students agree to:
- attend monthly intrusive advising appointments to discuss academic progress, academic issues, class attendance, grades, etc.
- complete 6 monitored study hall hours weekly in one of the approved TLC locations.
- seek free tutoring at The Learning Center if needed.
- attend two Academic Advantage Series: Workshops for Success within the academic semester.
- attend the Majors and Minors Fair on Wednesday, September, 18 2013.
- compose a reflection paper detailing the overall BEP experience. This paper is due at the end of the semester before finals week.
- allow parents/guardians to inquire about their academic progress, grades, attendance, etc.