The Probation retention initiative is designed for continuing WKU students who have an academic standing of academic probation. These students must earn a 2.0 GPA for the current semester to avoid being academically dismissed from WKU.
Students agree to:
- attend monthly intrusive advising appointments to discuss academic progress, academic issues, class attendance, grades, etc.
- complete 6 monitored study hall hours weekly in one of the approved TLC locations.
- seek free tutoring at The Learning Center if needed.
- attend two Academic Advantage Series: Workshops for Success within the academic semester.
- attend the Majors and Minors Fair on Wednesday, September 18, 2013.
- complete MAP-Works® Fall Transition Survey between September 9, 2013 and September 22, 2013.
- compose a reflection paper detailing the overall BEP experience. This paper is due at the end of the semester before finals week.
- allow parents/guardians to inquire about their academic progress, grades, attendance, etc.