Be admitted before ATP
Reserve An ATP Date
Confirm/Change Your Major
Take Required Placement Exams
Read Your E-News
Click on an exam below for more information.
- Math Placement Exam (MPE) required for all incoming students.
- This exam is required for all students (regardless of previous math credit) and will
be used with regard to your major to determine your required math course. Complete
the MPE at least four business days before your ATP date. There is a 45-minute time
limit that begins when you start the exam, so be sure to have enough time to read
the instructions and take the exam before you begin. You will need your WKU ID# (begins
with "800") and TopNet PIN to take the exam. To look up your PIN, visit topnet.wku.edu and use the PIN lookup tool.
Click here to take a practice exam.
When you are ready to take the MPE, click here.
Questions about the MPE? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270-745-4242.
- Math Placement Trigonometry Exam (MPTE) required for Bio-Chemistry; Chemistry; Civil, Elec., Mech. Engineering; Physics; Pre-Pharmacy Majors
- You must take both the Math Placement Exam and the Math Placement Trigonometry Exam before you can be placed in the correct math/chemistry
classes at WKU. Complete the MPTE at least four business days before your scheduled
ATP date. There is a 45-minute time limit that begins when you start the exam, so
be sure to have enough time to read the instructions and take the exam before you
begin. You will need your WKU ID# (begins with "800") and TopNet PIN to take the exam.
To look up your PIN, visit topnet.wku.edu and use the PIN lookup tool.
When you are ready to take the MPTE, click here.
Questions about the MPTE? Email email@example.com or call 270-745-4242.
- Chemistry Placement Exam (CPE) For a list of majors that must take the CPE, click here.
- Students majoring in any of the following areas are required to take the Chemistry
Placement Exam (CPE):
Agriculture (Teacher Ed) Civil Engineering Horse Sciences Pre-Chiropratic Pre-Pharmacy Animal Science Dairy Science Horticulture Pre-Dental Pre-Physical Therapy Biochemistry Ecology Mechanical Engineering Pre-Exercise Science Pre-Podiatric Medicine Biology (Teacher Ed) Electrical Engineering Medical Technology Pre-Forestry Pre-Veterinary Medicine Botany Geology Molecular Biology Pre-Medicine Turf & Golf Course Mgmt Chemistry Health Sciences Physics Pre-Optometry Zoology
Questions about the CPE? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 270-745-4242.
- Foreign Language Placement Exam for those planning to continue the foreign language you took in high school.
- If you are continuing with the same language you took in high school...and earned
two foreign language credits in high school, enroll in 102 or higher. If you have
studied a language for more than two years in high school, you should consult the
Modern Language website for more information on AP and CLEP credit and for online
placement exam instructions. To ensure that your academic advisor will receive the
score in time for ATP, the exam must be taken 7-10 days beforehand.
If you would like to explore a new language... Students who do not intend to continue study in the same language may register for the 101 class at ATP without taking the placement exam.Questions about the Foreign Language Placement Exam? Call Modern Languages at 270-745-2401.
- Accuplacer Exam for students attending South Campus at WKU.
- This exam is required for some students planning to take classes at South Campus.
We strongly encourage you to make an appointment and take this exam in advance at
WKU South Campus at the Learning Assistance Center (LAC).
Students unable to take the exam in advance must plan to take the Accuplacer during ATP at 7:30 a.m. Central Time.
Questions about the Accuplacer? Call 270-780-2536.