Be admitted before ATP
Reserve An ATP Date
Confirm/Change Your Major
Take Required Placement Exams
Read Your E-News
Click on a question below for more information.
- What is an ATP date like? Do I have to attend?
- ATP is an orientation program required for all freshman and transfer students planning to register for classes on the Main or South Campus. ATP will help your student become more familiar with Western Kentucky University and give them an opportunity to meet with an academic advisor in a group setting from their chosen major. Parents have the option of attending Parent ATP which run at the same time but seperately from the student ATP.
- How do I register for ATP?
- Your student must register themselves and their guests for ATP online by using their student logon information for our student information system called TopNet.
- After my student registers for ATP, will I receive a confirmation too?
- If you would like to receive information about Parent ATP, ask your student to include your email address during their reservation process. You will also receive additional information via e-mail about a week before your scheduled ATP that includes instructions on parking, what to bring with you, and other campus reminders. If you would like an additional copy, PDF versions will be available from the Parent ATP homepage.
- If my student is attending an Extended Campus, do they need to attend ATP?
- Students planning to register for regional campus classes are not required to attend the ATP on main campus in Bowling Green. To register for an orientation or advising session at a regional campus, please contact the appropriate campus center for instructions. Elizabethtown: 270-769-1614; Ft. Knox: 270-351-1192; Glasgow: 270-659-6900; Owensboro: 270-745-5095 or 270-684-9797.
- Is there a fee to attend ATP?
- Yes. There is a non-refundable fee of $45.00 per student and $6.00 for each guest. Your student will be prompted to pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) when they reserve their date online via a secure web form in TopNet. You are not expected to pay any additional fees at ATP. If you plan to visit Housing and Residence Life at the conclusion of ATP, please visit their website for details on the application process (including fees.)
- What if I need to change the number of guests we plan to bring?
- To add or remove guests from your ATP reservation, please call ATP at 270-745-4242. The $6.00 fee is non-refundable.
- Where are the ATP events located?
- The majority of ATP dates are held on our beautiful main campus in Bowling Green, KY. Depending on the date you choose and the number of students attending, check-in could be held in one of several locations. Detailed information will be mailed and emailed to your student about a week before your scheduled ATP date.
- My student has a question about the Math Placement Exam (MPE)?
- If you or your student have questions about the Math Placement Exam, refer to the left navigation for more details. If you still have questions or difficulty logging in, please have the student call 270-745-4242 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central Time Monday-Friday or email email@example.com for assistance. It is important that we speak with the student to walk them through any necessary steps. Beginning the exam without the student present will result in a score of 0 and the exam cannot be retaken again in the same semester.
- Are meals included on my ATP day?
- Lunch is provided for the student and any guests who have paid the ATP fee.
- What other resources do you suggest before I arrive on campus?
- Use the left navigation on this page and click on New Student Checklist for great tips and reminders for your student. For great parent tips, check out the Parent/Guardian Checklist on the Parent ATP homepage in the links on the right.
- Am I required to stay overnight for ATP?
- No. ATP is a one-day program with no required overnight stay. For a list of accomodations, we suggest looking at the Bowling Green-Warren County Chamber of Commerce website.
- Can parents or guests attend with my student?
- WKU welcomes parents and guests to attend ATP. The parent program does run separately but simultaneously with our student ATP. Parents are welcome, but not required to attend ATP. Due to time and space constraints, students should plan to go to all sessions, advising, and registration without any accompanying guests.
- Where do I park?
- Parking instructions and driving directions will be included in your ATP newsletter entitled The Big Red Message that your student will receive via mail about a week before their ATP date.
- Is the ATP fee refundable?
- No. The ATP fee for students and guests is non-refundable. If you are not planning to come to WKU Main Campus, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may cancel your space and make room for other students to attend your ATP date.
- How do I reschedule my ATPdate?
- To reschedule your ATP date, please email your name, WKU ID, and top three ATP dates to email@example.com. A response will confirm your new ATP date. A list of available dates can be found on our reservation page.
- What time zone is WKU in?
- WKU is located in the Central Time Zone, one hour behind Louisville, which is just over two hours from Bowling Green. Our campus shares the Central Time Zone with Nashville, TN which is only an hour away. For driving directions, please consult your newsletter.
- Whenis ATP?
- A list of available ATP dates can be found at the top of our page on our calendar. You may also view the list on our reservations page or in TopNet when making a reservation.