Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below for more information.
- What is an ATP date like? Do I have to attend?
- ATP is an orientation program required for all freshman and transfer students planning
to register for classes on the Main or South Campus. ATP will help your student become
more familiar with Western Kentucky University and give them an opportunity to meet
with an academic advisor in a group setting from their chosen major. Parents have
the option of attending Parent/Guest ATP which run at the same time but separately
from the student ATP.
- How do I register for ATP?
- Your student must register themselves and their guests for ATP online by using TopNet.
Encourage your student to visit our student site for instructions.
- After my student registers for ATP, will I receive a confirmation too?
- If you would like to receive information about Parent ATP, ask your student to include
your email address during their reservation process. You will also receive additional
information via e-mail about a week before your scheduled ATP that includes instructions
on parking, what to bring with you, and other campus reminders. If you would like
an additional copy, PDF versions will be available from the Parent ATP homepage.
- If my student is attending an Extended Campus, do they need to attend ATP?
- Students planning to register for regional campus classes are not required to attend
the ATP on main campus in Bowling Green. To register for an orientation or advising
session at a regional campus, please contact the appropriate campus center for instructions.
Elizabethtown: 270-769-1614; Ft. Knox: 270-351-1192; Glasgow: 270-659-6900; Owensboro:
270-745-5095 or 270-684-9797.
- Is there a fee to attend ATP?
- Yes. There is a non-refundable fee of $50.00 per student and $10.00 for each guest. Your student will be prompted
to pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) when they reserve their date
online via a secure web form in TopNet. You are not expected to pay any additional
fees at ATP. If you plan to visit Housing and Residence Life at the conclusion of
ATP, please visit their website for details on the application process (including fees.)
- What if I need to change the number of guests we plan to bring?
- To add or remove guests from your ATP reservation, please call ATP at 270-745-4242.
The $10.00 fee is non-refundable.
- Where are the ATP events located?
- ATP dates in 2014 will be held at the WKU Carroll Knicely Conference Center, adjacent
to the WKU South Campus near the intersection of Campbell Lane and Nashville Rd.
- My student has a question about the Math Placement Exam (MPE)?
- If you or your student have questions about the Math Placement Exam, refer to the
left navigation for more details. If you still have questions or difficulty logging
in, please have the student call 270-745-4242 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central Time Monday-Friday or email email@example.com for assistance. It is important that we speak with the student to walk them through
any necessary steps. Beginning the exam without the student present will result in
a score of 0 and the exam cannot be retaken again in the same semester.
- Are meals included on my ATP day?
- Lunch is provided for the student and any guests who have paid the ATP fee.
- What other resources do you suggest before I arrive on campus?
- Use the left navigation on this page and click on New Student Checklist for great
tips and reminders for your student. For great parent tips, check out the Parent/Guardian
Checklist on the Parent ATP homepage in the links on the right.
- Am I required to stay overnight for ATP?
- No. ATP is a one-day program with no required overnight stay. For a list of accomodations,
we suggest looking at the Bowling Green-Warren County Chamber of Commerce website.
- Can parents or guests attend with my student?
- WKU welcomes parents and guests to attend ATP. The parent program does run separately
but simultaneously with our student ATP. Parents are welcome, but not required to
attend ATP. Due to time and space constraints, students should plan to go to all
sessions, advising, and registration without any accompanying guests.
- Where do I park?
- Parking instructions and driving directions will be included in your ATP e-newsletter that
your student will receive via e-mail about 10 days before their ATP date.
- Is the ATP fee refundable?
- No. The ATP fee for students and guests is non-refundable. If you are not planning
to come to WKU Main Campus, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may cancel your space and make room for other students to attend your ATP date.
- How do I reschedule my ATP date?
- To reschedule your ATP date, please email or call our office with your name, WKU ID,
and top three ATP dates to email@example.com. A response will confirm your new ATP date. A list of available dates can be found
on our reservation page or on the Upcoming Events tab in the navigation bar at the
top of this page.
- What time zone is WKU in?
- WKU is located in the Central Time Zone, one hour behind Louisville, which is just
over two hours from Bowling Green. Our campus shares the Central Time Zone with Nashville,
TN which is only an hour away. For driving directions, please consult your newsletter.
- When is ATP?
- A list of available ATP dates can be found at the top of our page on our calendar
under Upcoming Events. You may also view the list on our reservations page or in
TopNet when making a reservation.