Why work at the Center?
- Gain experience working collaboratively.
- Gain experience with data analysis outside of the classroom.
- Improve communication skills.
- Develop marketable skills.
- Earn money (starting at $8.00/hour)!
Qualifications of student consultants
- Have successfully completed an introductory statistics course and at least one upper-level applied statistics course (at minimum).
- Willing to work on projects from a variety of disciplines.
- Good communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Undergraduate or graduate student at WKU.
Responsibilities of student consultants
- Initial meeting with client and faculty/staff Center member.
- Learn about and use statistical methods for that project.
- Communicate with mentor for the duration of the project.
- Write a report explaining results to the client.
If you meet the above qualifications and you would like to apply to be employed as a student consultant in the Applied Statistics Center, download and complete the application form.
Submit the completed form either:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail to
Western Kentucky University 1906 College Heights Blvd. #11078 Bowling Green, KY 42101-1078
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,