Apply Now to CIT!
CIT Program Description
CIT Career Outlook
CIT Tuition and Financing
Graduate Program NEW!
Change Your Major to CIT
CIT Course Availability
CIT iCAP Correction
WKU Course Lookup
APA Style Tips
Choose a Career Path
CIT Occupations & Salaries
CIT Job Opportunities
Student Work Showcase
Research Paper Tips
WKU Employer Site
Mark A. Revels, Ph.D., MS
CIT Program Coordinator
EST, Rm 137
Online Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Technology
Information technology (IT) is an integral part of modern life and business. As a result, careers in the computer information technology field frequently exceed median pay and job growth outlook. The computer information technology program at WKU can help you prepare for many exciting careers.
Even more exciting is the fact that the 2012 median salaries for computer information technology jobs ranged from $48,900 to $93,350 per year, while the median family income for the same period was only $51,371!
For a detailed exploration of these careers, including future job outlook trends, see http://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm
Top Ten Reasons to Learn CIT@WKU
- Transfer (2+2) students can complete the Bachelor's in Computer Information Technology with just 36 hours of CIT courses. Excellent CIT students can also complete the online Master of Science in Engineering Technology Management degree in just 21 more hours!
- The Computer Information Technology program actively recruits IT students with AAS degrees, providing program credit for existing lower-level technology course hours. This can significantly reduce the overall student cost of a bachelor’s degree.
- Not only can the degree be completed quickly, but the Computer Information Technology
program at WKU is completely online!
- And, CIT@WKU is ranked #13/500 by BestColleges.com as a best online bachelor's degree in information technology. WKU's online bachelor's programs are also ranked #2 by US News and World Report's Best Online Bachelor’s Programs (for 2015).
- In terms of technical skills, the Computer Information Technology curriculum is track free! It covers fundamental and advanced technologies in an elective format, allowing students to choose the courses that interest them the most.
- And, because the Computer Information Technology program emphasizes the enhancement of student employability, in addition to traditional technical skills, the program also stresses the soft skills that many employers are looking for in top candidates.
- Many Computer Information Technology faculty teach for other schools of technology, which expands their technical and teaching expertise. In addition, some have years of applied industry experience, helping them share the real-world perspective with their students.
- In addition to faculty, many Computer Information Technology students are already working in the computer information technology field. This provides an opportunity for students with less experience to cross pollinate with experienced peers.
- The program is regionally accredited, which means students will likely be able to transfer credit should they seek an advanced degree at a later date.
- The Computer Information Technology program has an arrangement with Microsoft Dreamspark, VMware, and Testout, providing students with professional-level developer, designer, and training tools at little or no additional cost.
To Get Started
For more information, please contact:
Mark A. Revels, Ph.D., MS CIT Academic Program Coordinator EST, Rm 137 Architectural & Manufacturing Sciences Ogden College of Science and Engineering Western Kentucky University 1906 College Heights Blvd. #51066 Bowling Green, KY 42101-1066
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 270-303-3019
|WKU's online bachelor's programs are ranked #2 by US News and World Report's Best Online Bachelor’s Programs (for 2015).|
CIT@WKU is pleased to be recognized as an "outstanding online Bachelor's in Information Technology program" by BestColleges.com. They "reviewed over 500 not-for-profit, online programs, and Western Kentucky University rose to the top for 2015."
Please join the CIT program in congratulating Lucas Bragg for winning the Outstanding Senior in Computer Information Technology at the 2015 Ogden College of Science and Engineering Student Awards Ceremony!
Congratulations to student Roscoe Shelton for being selected by his fellow CIT300 students for having the best video explaining VMware Workstation installation. He is also the first student to have their work presented in the CIT Student Work Showcase.
CIT@WKU is proud to announce the Joint Undergraduate and Master's Degree Program (JUMP) for Engineering Technology Management (ETM). This program provides the opportunity for academically outstanding CIT students to complete their combined Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Engineering Technology Management (MSETM) degrees in as little as five years (or less for transfer students). This is an excellent opportunity for 2+2 transfer students who wish to follow a management track and obtain an advanced degree. For more information, see http://www.wku.edu/ams/computer_information_technology/cit_jump.php
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,