About AMS Student Organizations & Activities
Students are encouraged to participate in student organizations and extracurricular activities on campus and in the community. The AMS Department is affiliated with several professional organizations that help prepare students for future employment and real-world work issues. The departmental activities are fun and vary in purpose, from relaxation to helping in the community.
Annual Recognition of Senior Students
There are more reasons to join student organizations than not. Here are just a few.
- Learning more about your chosen field of study
- Scholarship opportunities
- Field trips
- Travel to national conferences
- Networking with fellow students and faculty
- Activity in student organizations enhances your resume