American Traveler is a short-term, noncredit program managed by Study Away that is designed to provide intense, unique travel experience to fascinating locations.
NEW YORK CITY
Religion and Broadway
See the splendor of Broadway in a new light.
Anticipated Learning Goals
- Gain an understanding of narrative theory/interdisciplinary theory
- Learn to analyze Broadway musicals from the perspective of narrative theory/interdisciplinary theory
- Gain an understanding of different ways of defining "religion"
- Learn how narrative theory/interdisciplinary theory reveals the interplay between theater and religion
- Complete American Traveler registration process
- Permission of instructor(s)
- Study Away program (credit) link here
- Program will involve some walking so participants should wear proper shoes that are comfortable for walking and cover their feet.
- New York weather in December can be erratic. Bring warm clothing.
- Proper theater attire is required.
- Includes round-trip airfare from Nashville, accommodations, all ticket prices.
- Not included in program fee: transportation from home to the departure airport /return from airport to your home, meals and personal spending money.
- Final program fee subject to change due to travel arrangements.
- WKU Employee tuition discounts do not apply.
Additional Budget Information
- The listed cost of program is based on Hostel International shared room rates.
- Double occupancy hotel rooms are available for an additional $50 per person per night, WITH ADVANCE NOTICE.
- Single supplement is an additional $50 per night.
|January 2||Introduction: Religion and Broadway: I (WKU Main Campus)|
|January 3||Religion and Broadway: II (WKU Main Campus)|
|January 4||Religion and Broadway: III (WKU Main Campus)|
|January 7||Fly from Nashville to New York City|
|January 9||The Lion King|
|January 11||Spider-man: Turn off the Dark|
|January 12||Scandalous . . . McPherson (Tentative)|
|January 15||Fly from New York City to Nashville|
|January 18||Papers due|
- Joseph L. Trafton
- Paula Burt Trafton
- New York City
- Winter 2013
- $1.800 - $2,000(estimate)
- American Traveler Registration form coming soon
- October 26th: Priority Deadline - Application with first payment
- January 2nd: Class Begins
- January 7th: Depart for New York
- January 8-14: Broadway plays and Discussion
- January 15th: Return to Nashville
- January 18th: Post program assessment (online)
* subject to change
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,