- WINTER 2015
- Cuba - Culture & Literature
- New York
Theater & Broadway
- Trinidad & Tobago - Culture
- Sundance Film Festival Experience
- SPRING 2015
- The Kentucky Experience
These lifelong learning opportunities are developed and led by experts and designed to give participants a one-of-a-kind experience.
Sundance Film Festival Experience
Film the way it's supposed to be
—engaged, active, & independent!
Gain access to film making elite.
About the Program
This an intense submersive experience of film through the Sundance Film Festival. Along with students, Americna Travelers will learn about the practice of film festivals, including the analysis of independent films and the understanding of independent production and distribution. Students will engage with the films and filmmakers at Sundance firsthand through a series of screenings, panels, course lectures, and class assignments.
- Experience Film through attendance at Sundance Film Festival.
- Engage firsthand with film makers, critics, and fans of independent film.
- See multiple independent films.
The Program Leaders may determine other eligibility requirements, but at a minimum, all applicants need to meet these requirements:
- 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Full payment prior to departure.
- Completion of all pre-departure orientations.
- Permission of program leaders.
- Complete American Traveler registration.
- Round-trip airfare
- Sundance Film Pass or Individual tickets to 10 films
- Transportation from Salt Lake City airport to hotel and back
Not included in program fee
- Transportation from home to Nashville airport /return from Nashville to your home.
- Tips and personal expenses.
- Cost of independent travel (non-program travel).
Final program fee subject to change due to travel arrangements.
- Students should be prepared to conduct themselves in a mature and respectful manner at all times.
- This program will also include a fair amount of walking. Proper shoes and attire are required.
- Expect extreme winter weather, and to pack accordingly.
Planned Schedule - January 2014 (tentative)
|January 6 - 13||
Readings, Screenings, and Writing Assignments on the history of Sundance and U.S. Independent Film (online)
Midterm exam and final trip preparations (online)
Depart Nashville. Class meeting (location TBA). Dinner and Park City Orientation. Meet in hotel lobby.
Evening Activity Film Crashing 101
|January 17 - 22||
Group film screening and festival wrap-up
Return to Nashville
Registration Form (PDF)
- Park City, Utah
- Winter 2015
This program will an even number of participants (including noncredit and credit).
- Syllabus (tentative)
- Join the Facebook Group
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,