These lifelong learning opportunities are developed and led by experts and designed to give participants a one-of-a-kind experience.
Fashion/Design Market Trends
Las Vegas - August 20-23, 2012
American Traveler (noncredit) Program
Explore marketing concepts for the fashion industry at the MAGIC Tradeshow in Las Vegas, Nevada.Eligibility:
- Must be 18 years of age or older, regardless of parental consent
- Complete American Traveler registration
- Permission of program leader
The noncredit programs runs concurrently with FACS (DMT) 426, which provides participants the opportunity to gain an understanding of market concepts by attending a major marketing event. We expect 6 to 8 students in the Study Away course. American Travelers are expected to fully participate in all program activities before, during and after the program.
- Complete readings and participate in discussions prior to travel component
- Attend MAGIC in Las Vegas (www.MAGIConline.com)
- Includes lodging (double occupancy), ground transport in Las Vegas (for course), admission fees (for course).
- There is no tuition charge for American Travelers, and no WKU credit is earned.
- Items not include are transportation to/from Las Vegas, meals, snacks, and individual
expenses of the trip.
** The Study Away office can help make your travel arrangements. **
- Initial payment due with paper application. Balance will be due prior to travel.
- Final program fee subject to change due to travel arrangements.
Timeline (subject to change):
- April 18 - Priority deadline - Application with initial payment on credit/debit card
- April 18 - Initial class meeting and orientation
- July 21 - Final payment due on credit/debit card
- July 11 - online class portion begins
- August 20 - program starts in Las Vegas
- August 23 - program ends in Las Vegas
- August 30 - Post-program assessment by Study Away
Program Fee$998 (est)
** based on double-occupancy
Deposit: $300 with registration
Dr. Devona Dixon
Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
Term:August 20 - 23, 2012
July 11 - August 11
Syllabus (for credit)