These lifelong learning opportunities are developed and led by experts and designed to give participants a one-of-a-kind experience.
Cuban Literature and Culture
Explore Cuban history, literature, art, and architecture on this two-week experience. Journey to the Caribbean's largest island with a group of WKU students to share the beauty and mystery of Cuba.
- Permission of instructor
- Eligible to register for WKU courses
- 18 years of age or older at time of departure (Parental/legal guardian expressed consent required for those under 18 at time of departure)
- Eligible to obtain a visa for FLSA destination(s) and through all transit points (if needed) as determined by US DOS and host country
- Possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after FLSA return date
- Full payment (or signed payment agreement) prior to departure
- Completion of all pre-departure orientation
Requirements of US Citizens:
- All particpants must be registered for in a WKU course. Information about this will be coming soon.
- Traveling to Cuba requires special attention by all participants.
- The outbound flight goes through Cancun to reach Havana, so it will be a long travel day.
- The return connects through Cancun, where the group will stay overnight prior to final flight back to Nashville.
- If you don't have a passport, get one immediately.
- A group of American Travelers will also join the program.
- Independent travel (separate from the group) will be closely monitored.
- The course includes a group flight that originates and returns to Nashville. Deviations from group flight are not allowed.
- Includes 3-credit hour tuition ($1,062 estimated value), round-trip airfare, accommodations, many meals in Cuba, all group excursions, and medical insurance.
- Not included in program fee: transportation from home to Nashville airport /return from Nashville to your home, gratuities, and personal spending money. The gratuities will be discussed in the pre-depature sessions.
- Final program fee subject to change due to travel arrangements.
- Prof. Walker Rutledge
- Jerry Barnaby
Study Away Director
- $TBD (estimate)
- Itinerary (tentative)
- Syllabus (tentative)
- Information on how to register for this program will be coming soon.
- Get on the contact list right away.