- At Home
- Emergency Response
- Internships (Nonprofit)
- Manual Labor
- Close to WKU
- Food Related
Volunteer Opportunities at Home
Unable to volunteer in the community? Below are some ideas for at-home projects:
- Create/Design coloring book for children in hospitals. Please contact your local hospital for details.
- Collect soda can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House organization. Please Visit http://www.rmhc.com/how-you-can-help/pop-tab-collections/ for more details. The nearest drop off location is the Ronald McDonald House in Nashville. Their address is 2144 Fairfax Avenue Nashville, TN 37212 USA. Phone: 615 343-4000
- Write cards to individuals in the hospital or to soldiers. There are many organizations that sponsor this. Consider contacting your local Legion Post. The Bowling Green Legion Post is located at 208 Dishman Ln, Bowling Green, KY 42101. Their phone number is (270) 781-3574. There are also several websites that send cards to soldiers. http://soldiersangels.org/adoption.html; http://operationwritehome.org; /http://letterstosoldiers.org/site/Write-Letters-To-Soldiers.html; http://www.anysoldier.com/
- Write letters to our state representatives in the House and Senate on matters that mean something to you.
For House representatives: http://www.house.gov/htbin/findrep?ZIP=42101&Submit=FIND+YOUR+REP+BY+ZIP;
For Senators: https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?State=KY
- Clean out closets and drawers and donating items to a local clothing bank.
- Create fundraising items for March of Dimes. Visit www.marchofdimes.com/youth for more information.
- Write letters to local and national government officials on topics you are passionate about.