Regional Nonprofit Job Opportunities
The ALIVE Center maintains a list of nonprofit jobs for community members to refer to when looking for employment. Please click on the link for more information regarding each employment opportunity. You can contact the agency to ask any questions you may have and confirm that opportunity is still available. If a nonprofit organization would like to post a job opportunity on this page, please send the announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: FSW-Warren County (posted 08/29/13)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Senior Center Meal Delivery Driver Simpson county (posted 3/31/2014)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: WX Laborer (posted on 5/2/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Teacher Position (posted on 5/19/15)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Senior Center Manager Hart County (posted on 7/31/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Senior Center manager (posted on 5/27/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Teacher Assistant Logan County (posted 6/27/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Weatherization Program Director (posted 8/01/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Barren County/ Cave City Teacher Assistant (posted on 8/21/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: ATV Family Service Associate (posted on 8/21/14)
- Family Enrichment Center: Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper (posted 02/19/14)
- AmeriCorps: Americorps Position (posted 8/12/14)
- Family Enrichment Center: Director of Childcare (posted 8/14/14)
- Family Enrichment Center: Office Associate (posted 8/14/14)
- Family Enrichment Center: Childcare Teacher (posted 8/29/14)
- Hope Harbor, inc.: Clinical Therapist (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Edmonson (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Allen (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Records Clerk Warren (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Hart Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Barren Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Logan Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Energy Assistance Aide Warren Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Teacher Warren Co (posted 9/3/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Cook Metcalfe Co (posted 9/22/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: County Coordinator Monroe Co (posted 9/22/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Senior Meal Drive Logan Co (posted 9/22/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Child Care Teacher Metcalfe Co (posted 10/6/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Weatherization Evaluator (posted 10/8/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Food Service Cook Warren Co (posted 10/17/14)
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky: Teacher Assistant/Bus Driver (posted 10/20/14)
- The American Red Cross of South Central Kentucky is searching for a Development Specialist. Please share the details and link to the application below.
- American Red Cross AmeriCorps Position
The American Red Cross is looking for someone who can serve alongside paid and volunteer staff, provide direct service to clients of the American Red Cross through the accomplishment of National Preparedness & Response Corps goals and objectives. Members will complete projects that enhance organizational service delivery, expand community resources while developing their professional skill base throughout the Kentuckiana and Bluegrass Regions. Service location: South Central KY Chapter, Bowling Green, KY. For more information, please contact 270-781-7377. Click here for full description. Click here for instructions on how to submit an application.
- Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity is currently accepting applications for the Executive Director position. Click here for full description of position. For more information or questions contact Rodney Goodman by calling 270-843-6027
- Habitat ReStore
The Habitat ReStore in Bowling Green, KY is accepting applications for a part-time ReStore Associate. Interested applicants can read the job description and fill out the application and return it to the ReStore at 1232 Adams Street Bowling Green KY 42101.
- Barren River Area Safe Space, Inc.
Part Time Entry level Position (16-23 hours per week) to assist on 2nd shift in the
emergency domestic violence shelter.
(3:00 PM - 11:00 PM)located in Bowling Green. Must be able to complete 40 hour training and have some experience with residential settings.
Send current resume and cover letter by January 15, 2014 to:
Barren River Area Safe Space, Inc.
PO Box 1941
Bowling Green, KY 42102
- Salvation Army-Shelter Monitors
Accepts and process residents staying in a housing facility. Click here for more information. (posted 12/5/2013)
- AmeriCorps NPRC Member Recruitment
The Kentuckiana Region of the American Red Cross is currently accepting applications for the AmeriCorps National Preparedness and Response Corps. Selected members will complete projects that engage their service areas and build capacity through disaster education and various preparedness activities while building their professional skill base. We are actively recruiting for these service locations. Louisville, KY (Jefferson, Shelby and Hardin / La Rue Counties), Jeffersonville, IN, Madison, IN, Georgetown, IN, Frankfort, KY, Paducah, KY, Bowling Green, KY, and Madisonville, KY.
If interested please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Financial Advisor & Career Agent Opportunities
- Independent Producer Opportunity
You can contract independently to sell Mutual of Omaha products. For sales independence with more competitive advantages, choose our Independent Producer Opportunity. Gain selling power with our strong brand, complete product portfolio and excellent support services.
- Housing Counselor for AmeriCorps Volunteer
The Barren River Area Safe Space, Inc. is looking for an individual to work with homeless victims of domestic violence. A unique opportunity to help homeless and low-income women and children find safe, decent and affordable housing. Address safe, affordable housing challenges by offering credit counseling, budgeting, and job development training. Develop partnerships and networks with community agencies and provide valuable resources to victims of domestic violence. AmeriCorps Housing Counselors serve to address homelessness prevention by helping to keep people in stable housing. Insure timely rental payments, mediate community, landlord, or neighbor disputes. Insure that residents and clients have access to appropriate supportive services.
Must commit to a year of service, be 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED. Living allowance, basic healthcare and education award available. To apply or for more information please contact Michelle Fiore at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Enrichment Center a local nonprofit organization whose mission is to empower families and prevent child abuse is now accepting applications for a Part Time Childcare Teacher positions.Must have: a HS Diploma, Prior Daycare Experience, Bachelor Degree in IECEC/ Child Studies or related field preferred, Must be able to lift 40lbs. Must be able to work 5 hours a day/25 hours a week M-F. Duties include: nurturing, teaching and providing a safe environment for children, organizing activities, and creating and implementing curriculum for children's growth.. Childcare teacher will also help children explore ideas, interests and talents, and help build positive character traits. Equal opportunity employer. Email/Mail resume to: Family Enrichment Center, Attn: Nickie Jones, 441 Church Avenue, Bowling Green, KY 42101 email@example.com or call 781-6714
- The National Corvette Museum: Admissions/Tours. Part Time, 20 - 30 hours per week. Weekend work required, some evenings possible due to after hours facility rentals. Duties include but aren't limited to: operating point of sale computers, greeting guests, selling raffle tickets, memberships, etc, booking tours, providing security throughout Museum, assisting other departments with projects, leading guided tours, distributing promotional literature, opening and closing Museum and serving as a resource to guests. High School degree or equivalent. Strong computer and customer service skills required. Communication skills required, including ability to multi- task and proficient writing abilities. Available immediately. For more information please contact Becky Pearson, HR Administrator, at 270.467.8856.
- Green River Regional Educational Cooperative (GRREC)
Is now accepting applications for Grant writer. Click here to see job description
- Evergreen Life Services has openings in the following positions:
- Direct Support Staff
- Family Home Provider
- Program Coordinator
Please email resumes to http://evergreenls.org/careers or contact us in person at
Evergreen Life Services, Central Kentucky Division
1721 McIntosh Street
Bowling Green, KY. 42104
- Hope Harbor, Inc. Community Education
Hope Harbor, Inc.: A Sexual Trauma Recovery Center is now hiring a part-time Community Educator to conduct educational programs for individuals of all ages, primarily school-age children, throughout the B.R.A.D.D counties. Applicant will work from the Bowling Green, KY office. A Bachelor's Degree is required. Applicants must possess excellent organizational and public speaking skills. This is a 20 hrs/wk position at $12/hr. with accrued vacation and sick time.
Qualified applicants can send a cover letter and resume to:
913 Broadway Ave
Bowling Green, KY 42101
Deadline for resume: 7/10/14, or when position is filled
- Community Action of Southern Kentucky Inc.
Position: Energy Assistance Aide
Location: Monroe County
Program: Community Services
Closes: Open Until Filled.
Temporary position in Monroe County that will include a flexible work schedule (up to 25 hours per week for up to 8 weeks). Will assist the County Coordinator in receiving LIHEAP applications. Duties include interviewing, completing applications, verifying applicant information, record keeping and related duties.
Qualifications: Minimum qualification for this position is a high school diploma (or GED). Excellent oral communication, handwriting, computer skills, computation skills, and familiarity with community resources is highly desirable.
Salary: Salary for this position will be $8.00 per hour.
Application Process: For immediate consideration you will need to submit a resume, with a cover letter indicating salary history to the address and/or e-mail below; or you may apply in person at the following Community Action locations:
921 Beauty Avenue, PO Box 90014, Bowling Green KY 42102
200 East Fourth Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101
171 Center Street, Bowling Green, KY 42101
200 North Main Suite H, Tompkinsville, KY 42167
Funding Source: This project is funded, in part, under a contract with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services with funds from the Community Services Block Grant Act of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,