RELATED LINKSL.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center
WKU Floral Design Training Center
Back to Ogden College
UT Extension Opportunities (posted March 11, 2014)
Miles Farms LLC is seeking a qualified operations manager for its southern operation. Miles Farms is involved in raising soybeans, wheat, and specialty corn. We are a large farming operation scattered throughout five counties in the state of Kentucky. (posted March 7, 2014)
• Ability to operate farm equipment on an as needed basis. This may include combines, sprayers, planters, tractors, or semi-trucks.
• Oversee inventory of chemicals and seed. Ensure there is enough stocked for the season.
• Oversee equipment maintenance program.
• Coordinate field operations.
• Ensure crops are planted on time and harvested in a timely manner.
• Manage employees and assist in recruiting employees for seasonal help.
• Understand precision agriculture such as variable rate planting, auto-steer, and variable rate fertilizer.
• Ensure Land.db record keeping system is kept up to date and in working order.
• Work with employees, vendors, and agronomists in a cooperative manner.
• Attend annual safety meetings.
• Ensure employees are safe in all operations of the farm.
• Bachelor's degree in agriculture or similar related field
• 5 years farm experience
• Ability to operate farm equipment
• Some mechanical knowledge
• Good understanding of corn, wheat, and soybean crops
• Ability to design a budget and help in managing assets
• Ability to plan ahead
• Would like to see a CDL, but not a necessity
If Interested, please contact Seth Ladd at the below information.
1580 Sulphur Springs Rd
Adairville, KY 42202
UT Extension Agent- Agriculture- Jamestown, TN (posted 2/28/14)
UT Extension Agent- 4-H Youth Development- McMinnville, TN (posted 2/28/14)
Norton Farm- Oldham County, KY (posted 2/21/14)
Seeking qualified candidates to manage the land and facilities in harmony with the
overarching goal to create a thriving biodynamic farm community.
The Farm Land Manager is responsible for managing and participating in the maintenance, repair, and improvement of the land, buildings and facilities owned by Norton Realty and Norton Wetlands. Responsibilities include hands-on work with farm and lawn care equipment, directing staff, and creating and maintaining a budget.
The Farm Land Manager must be committed to treating the land in a sustainable manner and to following organic and biodynamic guidelines.
UT Extension Agent- Agriculture- Jasper, TN (posted 2/3/14)
UT Extension Agent- 4-H Youth Development- Woodbury, TN (posted 2/3/14)
Alpine Pet Center Veterinary Clinic- Kennel Worker/ Technician/ Receptionist (posted 1/27/14)
Kennel worker/technician/receptionist position opening at Alpine Pet Center Veterinary Clinic at 2357 Nashville Rd. Hrs flexible with students, current needs are early mornings and late afternoons as well as weekends. Person would be required to share rotation with other employees over all holidays and other WKU breaks so position likely not suitable for out of town students who travel home over breaks. Pay starts at minimum wage and offers discounts on personal pet expenses as well as providing recommendation letter if applicable for entrance to Veterinary School. Employee will be required to cross-train in all positions in the clinic. Not extremely fast-paced, high quality medicine with opportunity to learn lots including hands-on experience. We have 4 former employees who are now veterinarians and 2 who are currently attending veterinary school one of which will be back with us this summer and is a great instructor. To apply please bring resume in person to Alpine Pet Care and fill out employment application.
Kamman's Farms- Assistant Operations Manager- Jackson County, IN (posted 1/22/14)
Job Opportunities will only be posted here for 2 months. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.