WKU Department of Agriculture
Promote Your Page Too
RELATED LINKSL.D. Brown Agricultural Exposition Center
WKU Floral Design Training Center
Back to Ogden College
BECK’S SUPERIOR HYBRIDS, INC., Henderson, KentuckyJob Description of Grounds and Warehouse Lead Sales Department Reports to the Sales Support Manager
Purpose and Scope
This position is responsible for leading grounds maintenance, general distribution warehouse operations, and assisting with Practical Farm Research (PFR)/replicated choice trials at the designated facility.
- Coordinate with the Beck’s Facilities and/or Grounds Managers to lead the general grounds maintenance efforts for the location including, but not limited to:
- Planning and implementation of grounds maintenance and improvements
- Maintaining of all grass/sod areas on property
- Maintaining all landscape areas on property
- Snow/Ice removal
Maintaining general cleanliness of facilities and grounds
- Assist the Sales Support Manager in all warehouse activities on a daily basis including receiving, warehousing, shipping and delivery of product in a manner consistent with Beck’s Customer Service and cost objectives.
- Assist Beck’s Facilities and/or Maintenance Managers in general maintenance of the Henderson Facility in a manner consistent with Beck’s company standards.
- Assist Practical Farm Research Director with seasonal support. Duties may include plot preparation, planting, spraying, or harvesting of plots.
- Assist Testing Site Lead with seasonal support in Replicated Choice Trials. Duties may include plot preparation, planting, spraying, or harvesting of plots.
- Job Requirements
- Education and Training:
- Associates (A.S.) or Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Turf Management, Agronomy or other related fields.
- Prior farm or grounds maintenance experience is a plus and may substitute for educational requirements.
Gull Lake View Golf Course- 2015 Turfgrass Internship Program (posted September 11, 2014)
Job Opportunities will only be posted here for 2 months. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,