Registration for all FOCUS on WKU guests will begin at 10:00 a.m. Central Time in Diddle Arena at entrance #2 (across from the Downing University Center). The welcome and opening assembly will begin at 11:00 a.m. Central Time on the main floor of Diddle Arena.
We encourage you to R.S.V.P before the event. See the form below.
High School Seniors will be able to participate in on-site admission at WKU on this day by applying for admission online (www.wku.edu/apply) in advance OR apply online while at the FOCUS on WKU event. We recommend that you apply online before coming to FOCUS, as this will significantly decrease your wait time. Students may receive a same-day decision if they bring along the following items:
- $40 Application Fee
- Official High School Transcript
- ACT/SAT scores
Please find below a tentative schedule of the day's events:
- 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Registration (Diddle Arena—Entrance #2)
- 11:00 AM –11:30 AM Welcome and Opening Assembly (Diddle Arena—Main Floor)
- 11:45 PM – 12:15 PM Informational Sessions will be offered
- 12:20 PM – 12:50 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM – 2:10 PM Informational Sessions will be offered
- 2:15 PM – 3:45 PM Academic Expo / Information Fair / Campus Tours
* Discounted meal tickets will be provided to FOCUS guests for use at the Topper Café. The $2.00 off tickets will be valid for lunch or dinner.
Parking for Focus on WKU guests is available at Creason Lot.
For a printable parking reference: download the parking map
- Parking for FOCUS on WKU guests is complimentary; however, you must only park in one of the designated areas (Creason Street Lot or Adams Street Lot) as all other parking locations will be subject to normal campus parking enforcement.
- FOCUS on WKU attendees will need to identify themselves as FOCUS guests at all area parking facilities, as there are multiple events on campus on this date that are required to pay for parking.
- Overflow parking will be available at the Adams Street Lot. (map it)
Parking For Buses:
If you are traveling to WKU and need room accommodations, the Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center has a special WKU rate just for you! The Courtyard Bowling Green Convention Center is conveniently located 4 miles from Western Kentucky University and within walking distance to great restaurants. The Courtyard offers a full breakfast buffet, an indoor pool, whirlpool and a fitness center. To make reservations, call 270-783-8569 and ask for the Focus on WKU Group Rate or book it online, and use the corporate promotional code: UY8.
We look forward to you being on the campus of Western Kentucky University for our Focus on WKU event. In the event you have questions before you arrive, please feel free to call us at 1-800-495-8463 or 270-745-2551.