- Video Tutorials
Everyone that has a WKU Net Id and Password has access to Astra from anywhere across campus. Astra does not work from off campus. Please use the following link to access Astra: http://astra.wku.edu/
Great way to see what space is being used and where the openings are for new classes/events to take place.
- Once your logged in click on the "Calendar Tab" across the top toolbar, then under that select the "Scheduling Calendars" option.
- Once that opens you'll notice that the calendar automatically opens to
A - Main Campus. Nothing sorted, just a big list of classes and events stacked on top of each other. Of course you'll want to narrow your search down so you can view the things that interest you.
- You narrow your list down by selecting "Edit Search Filter" button on the top right toolbar. When the "Edit Filter" box pops-up you'll be able to select your Campus, Building/Region, Room Type, etc... After you've made your selection then hit "View Calendar" at the bottom of the "Edit Filter" pop-up box. This will put you back on the calendar itself showing you only what you've selected.
- On the top left you'll see options that say, "Calendar", "Grid", "List" & "Search" and under those you'll see tabs that say, "Day", "Week" & "Month". These are your viewing options. Most of the time academic folks live on Grid / Week views however the event folks like Calendar / Month views. Depending on what you want to see depends on how you want to narrow your search and view the calendar.
Just as an FYI - You'll notice the following colors on the Calendar:
Blue - Sections / Classes
Green - Events
Pink - Finals
This option will allow you to search for available rooms for any day/time.
- Once your logged in click on the "Calendar Tab" across the top toolbar, then under that select the "Available Rooms" option.
- Once that opens please click on "Add New" on the top left toolbar.
- An "Add Meeting" box will pop-up and you'll have to ask yourself are you searching for a "Single Meeting" or "Recurring Meeting". There is a toggle switch for each meeting pattern. Select the one that best fits your search.
- If your searching for a "Single Meeting": enter your time frames and select your date for the meeting. After you've done that then hit the OK button at the bottom of the "Add Meeting" pop-up box.
- If your searching for a "Recurring Meeting"; enter your time frames, under "Day Pattern" select either Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly, after you do that you'll have to pick your pattern on the right side of that box, then select your "Date Range". Once everything has been selected hit the OK button on the bottom of the "Add Meeting" pop-up box.
- Now that you've entered your meeting patterns then you'll be able to narrow your search down. Under "Search Filters" feel free to list things that you want. The most popular searches are narrowed down by buildings, room types, features and capacity. After you enter your items to narrow the search hit the "Search Button" across the bottom.
- After the system searches it'll populate the bottom left box with you available rooms. You can hit the "Print Button" or "Create Event" from the listings of rooms. If you wish to create an event be sure to select the toggle switch next to the room you want. then select "Create Event". It will ask a few questions and then you can save.
Main Campus Contact:
Ms. Jessica Steenbergen
Scheduling Applications Coordinator
Wetherby Admin Building - 220
Phone: (270) 745-2802
Fax: (270) 745-5442
South Campus Contact:
Ms. Stephanie Hooker
South Campus -103
Phone: (270) 780-2556